As spring starts to make its lovely appearance, Walt Disney World fans can rejoice in the knowledge that the annual delight that is the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is just around the corner.
Taking place from March 1st – May 29th, 2017, the popular theme park rolls out the red carpet for all things botanical. During this lush exhibit, Epcot turns itself into a beautiful landscape of Disney character topiaries and butterfly gardens. Guests can stroll throughout the World Showcase and sample delicious treats from around the globe with a menu set to please the celebration of the Flower and Garden theme.
So why should you and your family venture out on a trip to Walt Disney World’s Epcot during this springtime event? Aside from the endless treats for parents, there are many opportunities for children of all ages to enjoy. From the “Butterflies on the Go” exhibit designed to give guests a close and personal look at their life cycle (while surrounded by fluttering butterflies), to the interactive play gardens which will feature a topiary character from the upcoming Disney-Pixar “Cars 3” film.
Families can also enjoy live music as part of the Garden Rocks concert series with performances taking place Fridays through Mondays during the duration of the festival. Below is a list of the Garden Rocks performances:
- March 3-4 Jon Secada “Just Another Day”
- March 5-6 Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX “Grand Illusion”
- March 10-13 The Pointer Sisters “I’m So Excited”
- March 17-18 Simple Plan (NEW!) “Welcome to My Life”
- March 19-20 Plain White T’s (NEW to Garden Rocks series)“Hey There Delilah”
- March 24-27 Night Ranger “Sister Christian”
- March 31-April 3 Little River Band “Reminiscing”
- April 7-10 Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice “Spinning Wheel”
- April 14-17 Gin Blossoms “Hey Jealousy”
- April 21-24 The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- April 28-29 Exposé (NEW!) “Point of No Return”
- April 30-May 1 Berlin featuring Terri Nunn (NEW!) “Take My Breath Away”
- May 5-8 STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
- May 12-15 The Guess Who “American Woman”
- May 19-22 Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry VIII I Am”
- May 26-29 The Spinners “Working My Way Back to You”
Show times are at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. & 8 p.m. In addition, dining packages are now available for some of your favorite Epcot restaurants that also include reserved seating for select concert dates listed above.
Dining packages are available on these dates:
March 3-6, 10-13, 24-27, 31
April 1-3, 7-10, 14-17, 21-24
May 5-8, 19-22
To book a dining package in advance, guests can call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.
This is definitely an event you want to make some time for this spring. So as the sun gets a little warmer and the birds chirp a little louder, let it be a reminder to set your travel plans to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
For more information on the Festival, visit epcotinspring.com.