The “Road to the Races” promotional tour that will be starting this weekend at Disney Springs will soon visit 27 cities on a coast-to-coast blitz to celebrate the release of the upcoming Disney·Pixar film “Cars 3”. Lucky for us Florida fans of #95, not only will the tour visit Walt Disney World in Orlando this weekend but it also will be rolling into Miami and Tampa next!
Featuring photo opportunities with life-size, character look-alikes of five-time Piston-Cup champion Lightning McQueen, tech-savvy Cruz Ramirez and the sleek next-gen racer Jackson Storm from the hit franchise as well as entertaining activities and a special sneak peek of the highly anticipated sequel, the event, which is free and open to the public, will have something for everyone to enjoy.
Check out the full list of what’s in store for fans!
- Alamo Rent A Car is hosting a street art booth and will bring “Cars 3” to life with a giant coloring mural featuring Lightning McQueen and friends, along with a color pencil pack souvenir. Owned and operated by Enterprise Holdings, Alamo Rent A Car offers low rental rates and a hassle-free customer experience at the most popular travel destinations around the world.
- Coppertone® is creating a racer pit crew that encourages visitors to take part in a tire-changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity. A leader in the sun care industry, Coppertone is made by Bayer HealthCare, LLC.
- Crest® and Oral-B® celebrate the Road to the Races tour, providing fans with an opportunity to create a digital postcard with Lightning McQueen and get “Cars”-themed oral care products. Crest and Oral-B are the first step to enjoying a lifetime of healthy smiles.
- Dole®, the leader in fresh, quality produce, invites visitors to fuel up and recharge their batteries, sample high-octane fruit and vegetable smoothies, collect “Cars 3”-inspired recipes and discover how Dole and Disney are working together to make healthy living fun and easy for families. To see more of Dole’s exciting promotions around summer family fun, visit www.dole.com/Cars3.
- Mattel presents an interactive play area, which sends Lightning McQueen and other racers down the gravity drop and launches them into action in new play sets that feature locations from the movie. Also on display will be a collection of die cast racers from past and present. Mattel is the leading global childhood development and play company.
- Fans will be able to catch a sneak peek of the movie in the Cinetransformer Mobile Movie Theater.
- Visitors will also be able to take photos with the life-size character cars.
- In addition, the sports national youth program NASCAR Acceleration Nation will display the science behind NASCAR racing, and elements from the NASCAR Hall of Fame will allow attendees to get up close and personal with the history of NASCAR.
After making its first stop at Disney Springs (click here for more details and event times), the tour will then roll into Bayside Miami for three days of fun and at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa for one day.
MIAMI Bayfront Park
301 North Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132
Friday, March 31st – 12pm-6pm (Last Guest Entry: 5pm)
Saturday, April 1st – 10am-5pm (Last Guest Entry: 4pm)
Sunday, April 2nd – 11am-5pm (Last Guest Entry: 4pm)
Raymond James Stadium
(Parking lot – East side)
4201 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33607
Tuesday, April 4th – 11am-5pm (Last Guest Entry- 4pm)
— Oh My Disney (@OhMyDisney) March 22, 2017
The full list of cities is available at CARS3tour.com. The “Road to the Races” nationwide tour wraps up in California with a visit to NASCAR at the Sonoma Raceway June 24-25, 2017, and the life-size character cars will also roll onto the red carpet for the “Cars 3” world premiere on Saturday, June 10, 2017.