Celebrate the holiday season this year at Gaylord Palms Resort in Kissimmee, Florida with all new and returning activities during the wondrous Christmas At Gaylord Palms!
For 2017, Gaylord Palms unveiled the new ICE! featuring Christmas Around the World theme presented by Fujifilm Instax, which will celebrate diverse cultures across the globe and their festive holiday traditions.
“We’re excited to bring this theme to Central Florida, especially since the Orlando area hosts millions of visitors from around the world each year,” said Johann Krieger, General Manager for Gaylord Palms Resort. “We feel this year’s ICE! theme and our other holiday events embrace cultural diversity and our unifying similarities, celebrating love and peace during this special time of year.”
Returning for its 15th season, the incredible ICE! exhibit features more than two million pounds of ice sculptures handcrafted by Chinese artisans in a special nine-degree location housed within Gaylord Palms. It truly is a sight to see with your own eyes and is an unforgettable experience for the whole family! This year will feature various holiday scenes and traditions from around the world including Germany, United Kingdom, Mexico, and more. The kids will love the two-story slides (made out of ice, naturally) and the exhibit wraps up with a trip to the North Pole to visit Santa’s workshop and the popular returning favorite Nativity scene.
Check out what else is in store for 2017 courtesy of Gaylord Palms Resort!
- Gaylord Palms welcomes back an exciting, new Cirque Dreams Unwrapped – reimagined by Broadway director and renowned Cirque Dreams founder Neil Goldberg. Never-before-seen acts, artistry and costumes set in a magical and timeless wonderland bring this new high-flying adventure for the entire family onto the atrium stage. This latest Cirque Dreams Unwrapped spectacle is a thrilling 25-minute, action-packed experience of amazement, theatricality and imagination that will have guests on the edge of their seats.
- Though it already will be filled with grand holiday displays, Gaylord Palms’ atrium becomes even more merry and bright during Joyful, a dazzling new multisensory experience surrounding the resort’s six-story Christmas tree. Joyful will feature an exclusive holiday musical score along with millions of dancing, choreographed lights during nightly shows that illuminate the resort’s atrium.
- The all-new Build-A-Bear Workshop® Scavenger Hunt sends guests to find Snowburst, the Gaylord Hotels Polar Bear, along with his bear buddies (each with a holiday talent) as they make sure Gaylord Palms is festively decorated with holiday cheer! In addition, guests can choose from all kinds of furry friends to bring home, including the exclusive light-up Snowburst polar bear, as imaginations soar at the Build-A-Bear Workshop® at Gaylord Palms.
- Award-winning buffet restaurant Villa de Flora brings back the hearty and heartwarming Breakfast with Charlie Brown & Friends, allowing guests to pose with Snoopy and hang out with Charlie Brown and Lucy. In addition to the Peanuts Gang meet and greets, the breakfast includes a delicious morning buffet with themed dishes, such as Charlie Brown’s Build-Your-Own-French-Toast Station with Snoopy’s Maple Syrup, Pig Pen’s Dirty Hash Browns, Lucy’s Flap Jacks and Woodstock’s Granola.
- Christmas at Gaylord Palms invites guests to return to the festive Alpine Village, the central hub for holiday happenings. In addition to ICE!, the area is home to various attractions; shows; seasonal food, beverage and retail locations; and Photos with Santa, where holiday memories can be captured inside his toy workshop.
- Gingerbread Decorating Corner presented by Hallmark Channel’s Countdown to Christmas continues to be a deliciously fun holiday tradition. Guests may select a gingerbread house or a themed cookie kit to enjoy a sticky and fun interactive experience, creating sweet souvenirs that can be carried home unless someone eats them first! The delightful larger-than-life gingerbread pair, Cinnamon and Nutmeg, will also be available for toasty hugs and holiday photos.
- Mrs. Claus’ Christmas Traditions brings the First Lady of the North Pole back to Gaylord Palms as she leads a half-hour interactive show. Guests enjoy classic holiday stories and a sing-a-long, plus a delicious finale as the holiday hostess presents everyone with warm cookies and a glass of cold milk.
- Santa’s Snow Throw puts real snow in the hands of guests as they show off their pitching prowess by tossing snowballs at a variety of interactive targets. Bragging rights go to those with the best aim!
- Snow Tubing sends guests zooming down an eight-lane tubing hill covered in real snow. This all-ages attraction offers both single and double tubes to accommodate children and parents. Evenings are enlivened with Cosmic Tubing, complete with flashing LED lights and high-spirited holiday music.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms will be open daily from November 21, 2017 – January 7, 2018, including holidays and is open to the general public. The resort is offering one-night overnight packages starting at $240 plus tax, resort fee and parking which include ICE! tickets for two (with options for purchasing additional tickets) plus a souvenir family photo. There’s even a hotel guest-exclusive Extra Cool Hour from 9am to 10am at ICE! to help beat the crowds.
Special ICE! ticket rates are available to groups of ten adults or more. Gaylord Palms is also offering field trips for schools, youth organizations and religious groups, customizable with educational or performance opportunities so that everyone can enjoy the festivities. Special group rates with onsite catering are offered for companies and their employees.
Photos courtesy of Gaylord Palms Resort