Calling all Star Wars fans! Walt Disney World is bringing back the one-night-only Star Wars Galactic Nights event to Disney’s Hollywood Studios once again this year in celebration of the latest entry in the saga from a galaxy far, far away.
Taking place the night after the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi in U.S. movie theaters, the newest edition of Galactic Nights will take place Dec. 16, 2017 with all-new and unique events, music, fireworks, special character meet and greets along with celebrity appearances, exclusive merchandise opportunities and much, much more.
Guests will arrive to the party with a special red carpet entrance and whisked away to an unforgettable journey along with other die-hard Star Wars fans. There will be even be a unique panel discussion on the highly anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge currently under construction at Hollywood Studios.
Among the many event highlights to come:
- The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both be enhanced with special elements from the entire saga. In between, a DJ will keep things spinning at Center Stage for a Star Wars dance party.
- The Epic Theater plays host to a special one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, sharing some of the excitement coming to the 14-acre Star Wars-inspired expansion opening in 2019 at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Park-wide, guests can step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations, including a new backdrop inspired by Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars: Galactic Nights features encounters with Star Wars characters like Ewoks, AWR Troopers and roaming droids; Jedi Knights teaching younglings in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple; rocketing to the stars aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; and stunning projection effects on park icons such as the Chinese Theatre. At Star WarsLaunch Bay, home base for Star Wars fandom in the park, you never know what denizens from the light or dark side of The Force will appear.
- Don’t miss Darth Vader and a battalion of Imperial Stormtroopers march menacingly down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Even more specialty Star Wars-themed food and beverage and merchandise will be available.
- Select park attractions will be open to all guests. At embarkation points to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, guests may come face-to-face with Stormtroopers on the lookout for a Rebel spy.
- Arriving park guests will walk a red carpet that runs the length of Hollywood Boulevard. The street itself will be dressed in all the trappings of a Tinseltown premiere.
Premium offerings are also available, including a Galactic Tasting Sampler (food and beverage items including lightsaber churros and a charcuterie with C3PO crackers). Call 407 WDW-PLAY (407 939-7529) for more details.
Event hours are 7pm to midnight on December 16 and only available to event ticket holders. Tickets are priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9 (discounts available for Annual Passholders & DVC Members). Purchase tickets at DisneyWorld.com or call 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639).
To learn more about this event, check out our Theme Parks and Beyond review of April’s sold out Galactic Nights by clicking here.